A Letter to my Younger Self

by - 3/20/2017 02:00:00 PM





Dear Younger Selena,

I just want to tell you that I'm doing great. I now attend the University of Minnesota Twin-Cities, which was a college that you never thought I'd go to. I'm also majoring in Communications, with minors in French and Creative Writing (again, something you never thought I'd do).

I really hope you are living up the 7th grade life. I know it's a tough time, but it'll be lots of fun. Right now, I am in my second semester of my Freshmen year, and I love it. I'm in some great clubs (Admission Ambassadors and Plan U), and I also have a great fricken job (marketing intern).

This coming fall, I will be moving in with my boyfriend. What??? Yeah, I know, tell me about it. I thought I'd never find anyone, and here we are! I have a wonderful boyfriend who I love very much. You'll have fun meeting him your junior year of high school.

Sometimes I get homesick. I miss my family and friends. So make sure to unconditionally love everyone around you (even though they may be annoying). We grow up so fast that time cannot be stopped, and by the time we know it, it's too late. So make sure to say "I love you" and "thank you" to as many people as possible.

You'll lose some friends throughout middle school and high school. It'll be hard, and it will hurt like a bitch, but you will survive. You eventually find new friends, who are wonderful and fun to have around. They'll be your support system, so don't take them for granted.

Your family is great. They're thriving and successful in their own ways and talents. You should be proud of them, even though they may be annoying at times. Send them letters and gifts more often. They deserve it. Oh, and they also miss you all the time.

I hope you're learning great things. Just make sure to try a little hard in school. I mean, it's fine the pace your at now, but just try a little harder. Also, don't be shy to make friends. It's scary, but it'll be totally worth it.

Stay strong. You have a great future ahead of you.

Sincerely,

The 2017 Selena

You May Also Like

0 comments

/*
*/