Lessons Learned from 2016

by - 12/29/2016 03:30:00 PM



It is the end of 2016, and I cannot believe that an entire year has past! I have learned so much throughout this entire year, and made many decisions (good and bad). Nonetheless, I am happy this year is coming to an end. Something about a fresh start is a great way to gain motivation for change. As I reflect back on this year, I have learned many different lessons, which I will gladly bring with me into 2017.

1. Take each moment in like it's gonna be the last

We have lost so many great people this year that it has made me realize to take each moment in like it's the last. Soak in the moment with your family and friends. Laugh loudly and drink bad wine. Say "I love you" to those you do not see often.


2. Be kind to one another

2016 has been a year of change, but that change came with fights and harsh words. Remember that everyone is on a different path, and that kindness is one path we all can achieve. Give lots of hugs and smiles. Leave a nice note for your server after your meal at a restaurant. Say "please" and "thank you".


3. Don't be afraid to be yourself

Who cares about those other people who have to do everything in their power to fit in with society. If I walk away from 2016 with one thing I learned, it would be to not be afraid to be myself. Express who you are. Dress the way you want without judgement. Hang out with people who make you happy. Don't let people define who you are; that's your job.


4. Take the risk; it's totally worth it

Not only do you not have to be afraid to express who you are, but you don't have to be afraid to take a risk. Live a little, and take that jump of faith. It may work out in the end; it may not, but either way, you will learn from it. You will live from it. You will grow as a person.



You May Also Like

0 comments

/*
*/