With the start of the new year, I want to start off on the right foot! That being said, I want to list the 10 things I cannot live without.
1. My Fitbit AltaThis. Is. My. Savoir.
I love my Fitbit Alta. It is probably the best purchase I have made in the past year. Not only does it serve as a watch for me, but it keeps me on my toes (literally). It keeps me aware of my how many steps I am getting each day, and if I need to be more active or not. It's a wonderful piece of technology, and I highly encourage people to get it if they are looking to kill two birds with one stone (a watch with a fitness component).
2. CoffeeThis. Is. My. Savoir. Part 2.
I love coffee. This might be a really bad addiction, but I love it too much to care. It's always a great start to my morning, and I love the taste of it!
3. My LaptopI have a dell laptop, and I was super nervous to buy it for college. I was always a Mac user, so switching to Dell was a big step for me. But after a semester with it, I fell in love. It's super easy to use, small and portable, and lightning fast. The Windows software is awesome and easy to navigate. Probably the second best purchase I made within the past year. (If anyone cares, I have a Dell XPS 13).
4. My iPhoneI know this is inevitable, but I love my phone. Although it is slow and stupid (I have an iPhone 5c), I love it. I read my emails on it, go on social media, and catch up with World News with it. Even though I love my phone, I always try to separate myself from it for a small amount of time each day, even if it's not looking at it during a 2-hour class.
5. My KindleI loveeeeeee to read. I bought the basic kind of Kindle (buttons, black and white, not touch screen, some internet) because I knew that when I wanted to read, I wanted to separate myself from social media and life, and just enjoy the company of a great book. My kindle was probably $60, and I have hundreds of books on it. I can't go on a road trip without it!
6. Friends the TV ShowEvery time I finish any kind of TV show, I find myself going back to this show. It's such a light-hearted, funny show that I can watch anytime, anywhere I want. I can start anywhere in the series or watch this a million times, and I will still laugh my ass off. The characters are so loveable and funny. I highly recommend watching this show!
I walk a lot around campus. From my dorm to the main campus, it takes about 10 minutes. What better way to pass that 10 minutes than with music! I always bring a pair of headphones with me wherever I go, whether it's going to class or going to get dinner. Even if I forget it, I have a separate pair in my backpack (which is a lifesaver!). I have Spotify and usually listen to a playlist called Young and Free. It's filled with happy, pump up tunes that will definitely wake you up before your 8 am class! You can listen to that playlist here.
7. My Headphones
Somehow, my lips are always chapped. That's why I always have my handy-dandy chapstick. I use ChapStick Moisturizer Green Apple, which works wonders for me! I usually apply it on before I go to bed, and before I leave my dorm. I know Chapstick varies from people to people, but if you're looking for a new product to try out, try this one out!
9. Maybelline Dream Cushion Liquid FoundationTo be honest, I was very skeptical when I got this liquid foundation. I've been using Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation for ages now, and changing my liquid foundation was something I was very nervous about. Once you get that product you love, you can't switch from it. But when I tried out the Maybelline Dream Cushion Liquid Foundation, I fell in love. I couldn't believe how easy it was to apply onto my face. Not only that, but it looked flawless, like air-brush flawless. I have a natural red to my checks, and this baby covered it right up! I am super excited to use this in the future! Also, it's small and easy to use on the go, so you can put this in your purse and whip it right out.
10. My PacSun JeansI feel like everyone has that one pair of jeans that they love (if not, I'm sorry about how weird I am). Well, in this case, I love my PacSun Jeans. They are so comfortable and I literally where it everyday (well, not everyday). Not only are they comfortable and wonderful, but they were $10 when I bought them. $10?! Who can pass that up??
Note: I had no connections with any of these companies when stating my opinion of these items, except for the Maybelline Dream Cushion Liquid Foundation. These are MY opinions, and I had no intention of promoting them for profit.
For the Maybelline Dream Cushion Liquid Foundation, I received these products free or complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.